Families Of Murdered Civilians Appeal For Protection In South RP

October 3, 2007 at 10:24 pm | Posted in 1 | Leave a comment




LANAO DEL SUR, Philippines (Mindanao Examiner / Oct. 03, 2007) – Families of three logging workers murdered in the southern Philippine province of Lanao del Sur have appealed for help from authorities after receiving death threats.

The workers, Pablito Itom, 49; Earl Stanly Itom, 15; and Larry Sumile, 31, were killed last week by a man called Sultan in the village of Karandangan in the town of Lumba Bayabao.

Four other workers, Fernando Catibud, Gedeon Ermac, Christopher Gavino and Alfred Cidera escaped, but were also receiving death threats from the group of Sultan. The attackers have threatened to kill whoever informs the authorities about the killings.

Sultan killed the four in anger after they failed to cut his logs. The man is a known warlord in the town and was implicated in several murders in the past.

It was unknown why the police and military failed to arrest Sultan, but families of the slain workers said no one had tried to file criminal charges against the suspect because of his goons.

Families of the victims said the slain workers will be buries next week, but they fear that the group of Sultan may also kill them. (Merlyn Manos)

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: